Posts for tag: restorative dentistry
Need dental fillings? Tooth-colored fillings, also called composite fillings, are used to treat cavities and repair worn-down or broken teeth. You can have a healthy, natural-looking smile with tooth-colored fillings. Colesville Dentistry, which is located in Silver Spring, MD, offers a full range of dental services. Dr. Gregory Hysong and Dr. Lynda LePore are some of the finest dentists in Silver Spring, MD. Here are some impressive benefits of tooth-colored fillings.
1. Beautify Your Smile- Tooth-colored fillings are made of a tooth-colored plastic and glass mixture. Your dentist can closely match the color of composite fillings to the color of your teeth. Once your dentist completes your composite fillings, they will look natural and won't be noticeable when you smile or speak.
2. Strengthen Your Teeth- Dental fillings may last many years but eventually, all fillings need to be replaced. Composite is a strong, durable material. Tooth-colored fillings are strong enough to use in back teeth (molars and premolars). They can be expected to withstand chewing forces well.
3. Maintain Tooth Health- Tooth-colored fillings work wonderfully for cavities. Most of the remaining tooth structure can be preserved, and the material serves to hold that structure together to prevent further decay and breakage. Tooth-colored fillings can last over 15 years before requiring replacement.
4. One Single Visit- With the hectic pace of our busy lifestyles, we all look for ways to simplify our lives and save time. Say goodbye to lengthy treatment sessions at the dentist's office. Your tooth-colored dental fillings can be completed in one single visit. The treatment will be completed quickly and you will leave the same day with your dental restorations.
If you need a dental filling, why wait? We can help you today! Call Colesville Dentistry at 301-384-6000 today to schedule a dental appointment in Silver Spring, MD. We want all our patients to have strong, healthy smiles that look beautiful, too.
Need crowns from your Silver Spring, MD, dentist?
A dental crown is made out of porcelain or ceramic. Unlike veneers, crowns don't cover only the front surface of your teeth. They're caps that fit over the unattractive, decayed, or damaged tooth. Crowns can even be used to replace a missing tooth when one of your Silver Spring dentists installs a dental bridge over your gums.
Dental Crown Installation Procedure:
There are three steps to getting your unsightly tooth capped:
- Step 1: Your dentist will numb the area surrounding the tooth and begin preparing the tooth. This is done to reshape the tooth so it fits under the crown.
- Step 2: A crown is designed at a laboratory using impressions taken of your teeth. The impressions are taken digitally or with the use of a putty-like material and are used as a guide so that laboratory technicians can mold a crown that'll fit perfectly over your tooth.
- Step 3: The permanent crown is cemented over the tooth using a specific type of cement or resin.
Advantages of Crowns:
Besides making your smile more aesthetically pleasing, crowns have other advantages:
- They're used to cover restorative procedures such as root canals and dental implants.
- They give your teeth reinforcement, therefore improving your bite and capability to chew.
- Crowns also support fillings that have been dislocated.
- Several crowns can be used if you have more than one tooth that needs to be covered.
Improve your dental care by brushing twice a day and flossing at least once before bed. In addition to maintaining a healthy oral regimen, make sure to visit your dentists twice a year for your bi-annual examination.
For more information on dental crowns or to schedule an appointment, contact your Silver Spring, MD, dentists, Drs. Lynda LePore and Dr. Gregory Hysong by calling their office at (301) 384-6000.
Dealing with tooth loss? Discover the benefits of getting dental implants in Silver Spring, MD.
While tooth loss may seem like a permanent issue, this doesn’t mean that you just have to deal with gaps in your smile. You can get back a full smile when you visit our Silver Spring, MD, dentists Dr. Gregory Hysong and Dr. Lynda LePore. We offer a variety of tooth replacement options. Find out how dental implants could be the ideal way to replace your missing teeth for life.
How do implants work?
An implant is a metal-based artificial tooth root designed to bond to the jawbone, where it is surgically placed. An implant is the only tooth replacement that is designed to function in much the same way that a real tooth does, so when you get this restoration you know that you will have the next best thing to natural teeth. After all, a dental implant is made from tough, sturdy titanium so you know that it isn’t going anywhere. Plus, implants are extremely successful.
Once the implant naturally fuses with the bone over the course of a couple months, it is now ready for the artificial tooth. When replacing a single missing tooth, a dental crown will be placed over the implant to complete it. Those with significant tooth loss can also choose to get implants to support artificial teeth (e.g. dentures).
Who is a good candidate for implants?
Most people dealing with tooth loss could end up being great candidates for implants. While the only way to know for sure whether implants are the best choice is to talk to our Silver Spring, MD, general dentist, there are certain factors that we will need to look at in order to determine your candidacy. These factors include:
If you have untreated decay or gum disease, these are things that will need to be treated before you can get implants.
Are you a smoker? If so, then you could be significantly more likely to develop implant failure than a non-smoker. This is why it’s highly recommended that you quit smoking altogether when you decide to get implants.
Are you dedicated to providing your implant and the rest of your smile with the proper care it needs to stay healthy? Coming in for preventive care and maintaining good oral hygiene is imperative to a healthy implant and a healthy smile.
If you are looking for a permanent solution to replace missing teeth then it’s time you called Colesville Dentistry in Silver Spring, MD and serving Cloverly and Colesville, MD, to schedule your consultation. We are here to help restore your smile.